- Do not call numbers that that appear in pop-ups warning your computer is infected/compromised/&c. It is a scam.
- Do not believe web pages that say your computer is infected/compromised/slow and to download X now to fix. It is a scam.
- Do not accept calls from Apple Support/Windows Support/Microsoft/IRS. It is a scam.
- Do not call the first support number you find in a search. It is an ad.
- Do not believe emails that say they have your password or phone number and video of you misbehaving, or that there is a bomb. It is a scam.
- Do not believe emails that require you to enter your username and password to see an attachment. It is a scam.
- Do not believe emails that say your account has been suspended. It is most likely a scam.
- Do not click on Unsubscribe in a email in another language or advertising Viagra or from an outfit with whom you’ve never dealt. It will only get you on more spam lists.
- Do not install Flash Player. It is a huge security risk
- Do not install programs or extensions or add-ons from outside your platform’s official source unless you have a Very Good Reason and you know exactly what it does and trust the source you are clicking with all of your life’s information.
- Do not trust sites that are missing the lock icon in the address bar.
- Do not share anything in an email or chat that you wouldn’t want to see in the news or shared with your family, friends, and coworkers.
- Do not repost something you haven’t verified. When you share a lie, you are the liar.
- Do have a unique, strong password for every site.
- Do use a password manager (Keychain, LastPass, Dashlane).
- Do apply updates.
- Do wait for the .1 release to do upgrades.
- Do ask if you are unsure.
Will update from time to time.
I’m the baritone soloist in A Treasure Trove of Gilbert & Sullivan, July 20-22 at Zilkha Hall in the Hobby Center. I do hope to see you there. You can purchase tickets online or by calling the Hobby Center Box Office at 713-315-2525. Even better, become a patron of the Society at $250 or more and get two tickets plus lots of other perks!
Join me and the Gilbert & Sullivan Society of Houston as we celebrate at our annual spring fundraising Gala! This year will feature a cocktail party atmosphere with pop-up performances by Alistair Donkin and featured Society performers throughout the evening. Enjoy “pops of sillery” (champagne), light bites, and the wonderful songs of Gilbert & Sullivan while bidding on the silent auction, trying your luck on the wine pull, and enjoying a parade of G&S costumes.
This evening will also honor our outgoing Society President of 33 years, Steve Robbins, as the Society thanks him for his many years of devoted service. Help us ensure that the magic of Gilbert & Sullivan is available to Houstonians for years to come by hobnobbing with people of similarly exquisite taste while raising money for a delightful cause!
Dress: Cocktail Attire
Saturday, March 24, 6:00-8:30PM
MATCH – Midtown Arts & Theater Center Houston
3100 Main Street
Houston, TX 77002
Tickets: Order Online or call 713-521-4533
Friday night in our area of Houston was windy, but not too bad. A little rain, but not much until Saturday morning, then it tapered off by 9. Round Two just started…this is going to be the real test. This is the link to the nearest Harris County Flood Warning System station upstream from our house.The main site. Click on “Channel Status” on the left to see the stations that are nearing (yellow) or over (red) the tops of their banks.
Sorta. Finally got around to migrating from the old host. Will try to not be a stranger.
In the meantime, be excellent to one another.